"Now I can show my son what Our Lord was like as a boy."
That's one father's reaction coming upon this forgotten treasure from 1948. It follows Our Lord from His first stirrings in Mary's womb to his teenage years, using the Gospel accounts of His later life as a guide in imagining what His youthful behavior and daily life were like.
Every page of this large-format book is exquisitely illustrated with drawings, and teaches valuable lessons and prayers.
- His obedience to parents and teachers
- How He played with other children
- Saying His prayers with His mother
- His confidence in God, even amidst poverty and danger
- Tending His garden - inspiration for parables
- Happiest in His mother's and father's love
- Falling while learning to walk (a foreshadowing)
- How others loved and protected Him, as we should
- The Holy Innocents who died for Him. Their heavenly reward
- The Holy Family had God in their home
- His love for his foster father
- In Saint Joseph's carpentry shop
- Learning to read
- Doing chores
- Preparing for His adult apostolate
- Mary and Joseph His exemplars
- His humility and poverty
- His guardian angels, and ours
- His love for all God's creatures
- Playing with his cousin, Saint John
- Leading a blind man
- With the wise men in the Temple
A special effort is made to show how the daily life of the Divine Child would have reflected and foretold His public life and Passion. A bonus section of "Gospel Questions" helps older children to trace for themselves what we know from Scripture about the youthful life of Our Lord.